St. Joseph Healthcare
(A great place to live and raise a family)
Over 400 physicians in the community, University of Maine, Husson University, wide array of restaurants and shopping opportunities, excellent children’s museum, Bangor Symphony, proximity to mountains and the coast. Acadia National Park is one hour away.
ST. JOSEPH HEALTHCARE MISSION
St. Joseph Healthcare, committed to wellness promotion and wholistic healing, provides healthcare services which embody Compassion, Competence and Community
As of January 2010
Our current openings for mission-focused physicians are:
- Urologist – Hospital employed (or start-up employment incubator sharing office with private practicing doctors) share office with 1-2 other urologists, community call for both hospitals can be worked out to reduce call frequency (other hospital is tertiary care with a robot, can work at both), Opportunity to join highly respected, experienced Urologist, Practice in Physician Office Building attached to the hospital near the surgical suite. Alternatively, we have a general surgeon who is expanding his practice of young surgeons into a multi-specialty surgical group. This collegial group would welcome the opportunity to expand into urology and collaborate with other urologists in town for coverage.
- Emergency Medicine Physician – Hospital employed, EM boarded, report to new experienced medical director (nationally connected, former ACEP board member), 23,000 ED visits per year, Tertiary hospital 1 mile away for collaboration on trauma and specialty support, currently 1656 clinical hours per year = full time. Some double coverage. PAs also cover with you. Two new EM boarded physicians started in July. Currently considering two more EM boarded or eligible physicians to join the collegial team.
- Hospitalist – Seasoned young team, 24-7 program in place since 1995, first in the state, Week-on Week-off schedule, Vacation and CME taken within the “on” weeks, Well established systems and incentive program, mutually respectful and supportive working relationships. (Currently fully staffed (9 physicians, 4 midlevels) - might consider top-quality ABAT candidates for future needs).
- General Surgeon – (Current second top need) Hospital employed, hospital shares overhead with private practice, physician works with colleagues in private practice, 1-in-8 call, Collegial and respectful colleagues and medical community; Two options for office colleagues: 1)Nice new spacious office in the physicians’ office building attached to the hospital, same floor as hospital operating suites, diagnostic imaging, lab and ED. Joining established productive and personable surgeon with excellent reputation. 2) Or join group with three other young colleagues including two surgeons who recently joined our medical community with subspecialty expertise in colo-rectal surgery and breast surgery. This group is looking to expand into a multi-specialty surgical group
- Orthopaedic Surgeon – (Current top need) Hospital employed or incubator agreement sharing overhead and collegial environment with private practice. Seeking top candidates for succession planning and future leadership. Orthopaedics is a center of excellence at St. Joseph Hospital. Our outcome benchmarks are the best in the state for knees and hips. Fast room turnaround and experienced nursing teams; Trauma tends to go to the tertiary hospital in town, which also has some of its own employed trauma orthopaedic surgeons. Recently hired a new sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon out of fellowship.
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Outpatient – Hospital employed premier internal medicine practice in this part of the state. Highly sought after practice gives physician autonomy and flexible schedule because compensation is RVU based. Salary for 6 month start-up period. As with other hospital-employed positions – full hospital benefit package. I can go into detail with this with interested candidates. Practice expansion, rare opportunity to get into this group. No hospital call – practice works with hospitalists. Practice call approximately 1 in 9.
- Gastroenterologist - Join group of five, largest group north of Portland. Hospital employed. Exclusive at our community hospital so very manageable call-in volume. Group moved into new office space attached to the hospital (right off the lobby) on January 11th, 2010. Also adding a fourth endoscopy suite. Hurry – 2 candidates currently scheduled for interview.
- Pulmonologist/Critical Care – Join two pulm/cc doctors currently at St. Joseph. Employed model with strong base salary. Opportunity to work with our sleep center as well if interested. Outpatient pulmonary practice with prime office space in our physician office building attached to the hospital. Critical care coverage in our ICU. Your expertise will be respected by colleagues and patients alike.
Currently we can’t take J-1s, we have too many already backlogged in the process (possible exception for Urologist, Gastroenterologist and Pulmonologist).
Please let me know if you have questions.